Using the Pantry
Any Student, Faculty, or Staff Member at Texas A&M University that meets income guidelines or is experiencing an emergency situation can use the pantry.
If you are in need of assistance but are not affiliated with Texas A&M, please see a list of local agencies on our Resources page.
What to Expect
- Arrive at the pantry on an opening day between 10:00 AM and 4:30 PM
- Food is provided at no cost
- No proof of income or citizenship is needed
- Please bring a university-affiliated ID
- New Clients: Before arriving at the pantry on the day of a pantry opening, you may print and fill out a New Client Form that is attached below. Then, bring it to the pantry for approval. There will also be copies of forms at the pantry as well. After presenting a university-affiliated ID to an office volunteer, you may grab a prepackaged bag on a table set up outside of the office, or enter the pantry if you have registered for a time slot. For more info about our new pantry model, visit our Hybrid Pantry Model page.
- All information is kept confidential and only recorded for statistical purposes.
- If you need help finding our office, please go to the Location Tab.
- Returning Clients: Show your university-affiliated ID to an office volunteer so that you can be checked off our returning client list. You may be asked to fill out a short paper form in addition. Then, you may grab a prepackaged bag on a table set outside of the office, or enter the pantry if you have a registered for a time slot. For more info about our new pantry model, visit our Hybrid Pantry Model page.
- If you need help, feel free to ask the member at the front desk.
** Please see the COVID-19 Updates page for more information regarding new procedures implemented to ensure the safety of all volunteers and clients.
Income Guidelines to be Pantry Eligible (English)
Salarias Que Qualifican Para Ayuda De La Despensa (Español)
Fall 2023 Opening Dates
- November 1st - 2nd
- November 15th - 16th
- November 29th - 30th & December 1st